Friday, November 16, 2012

Doctor Knows Best: Physician's Formula Youthful Wear

Metric Jenn








I'm back, everyone! I went on vacation for 2 weeks and it was GLORIOUS. I am refreshed and ready to write. I'm going to be all the bitch I can be! And it starts here, with Physician's Formula Youthful Wear concealer. You see, when packing, I took into consideration many things: changing skin tone after laying in the sun, flakiness from drying skin, climate change...the works. What I didn't account for was the jerkoff(s) that loaded and unloaded my luggage from the 3 flights it took me to get to L.A. And so it was at my destination that I discovered the Make Up Forever concealer explosion that took place in my make up bag. A few things were lost. A few tears were shed.

And so there I was, mourning my loss, when it occurred to me: this means make up shopping in L.A. What could be more exciting?!? Though, despite my best intentions to head down to Rodeo Drive and get all Pretty Woman-y, I ended up at Target and bought Physician's Formula Youthful Wear Medium concealer. It even comes with a nice application brush, which I immediately gave away, as I have my professional set that I'd brought with me and which had escaped the explosion's carnage.

I believe it only set me back approximately 15$, which as you may recall, is virtually pennies in my make up arsenal.

The foundation was a good match to my colouring, it went on light an smooth, even without primer underneath...really, my only complaint is that it didn't last as long as I'd hoped it would. I felt a bit face-melty a mere 3 hours after application. Granted, it could also have been my own body saying what the hell, it's hotter here than at home, so let's sweat more than normal. But I choose to believe that I glow rather than sweat and everything is something else's fault. Verdict? I give it 7/8 tentacles! Bravo...it seems the Doctor does know best.

Rating: 7/8 tentacles

No comments:

Post a Comment