Monday, September 24, 2012

Jell-O Turtle Sundae Mix-Ins: I GOT A TURTLE!

Pinky McLadybits





I decided to give Jell-O's new line of puddings with mix-ins to create flavors like birthday cake (sprinkles are the add-in) and turtle sundae (chocolate chips and nuts are the add-in) The pudding for the Turtle Sundae was vanilla with a thin layer of caramel pudding on top.

I really like turtle ice cream sundaes, so I thought I could splurge on this new Jell-O line and see how it tasted. I usually buy the Dulce de Leche flavor of Jell-O and I find it to be a decadent treat while being sugar-free and only 60 calories. I though that the Turtle Sundae would have to be as rich and delightful as the Dulce de Leche since I was getting a full sugar dessert.


Wrong. I was so wrong. I should have bough the Dulce de Leche and dumped in nuts and chocolate chips for many reasons. Reason number one is the size of the serving. The Turtle Sundae cup is smaller than a normal pudding cup and it isn't filled. With the regular Dulce de Leche I usually lick quite a bit of the sweet topping off of the lid and still have a full cup of pudding for a snack. The Turtle Sundae had something I will generously refer to as a film of caramel on the lid and the cup wasn't full. I suppose that is to accommodate the mix-ins, but still. Especially since I paid the same price for only two cups of the Turtle Sundae as I usually pay for six cups of Dulce de Leche.

Reason two that I should have gotten Dulce de Leche? The flavor. I was expecting Turtle Sundae to be so sweet as to be a bit overwhelming at first. It was not. It was much less sweet than the Dule de Leche and very disappointing. The mix-ins were nice and crunchy and tasted fine. Not too overpowering. Just right. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said for the pudding. I am extremely disappointed and will let my husband have the other Turtle Sundae. It definitely isn't worth the calories for me. I'd rather have a larger cup of better tasting pudding as a snack. If you would like to try one of the flavors, I found mine at Kroger.

Rating: 1/8 tentacles

No comments:

Post a Comment