Tuesday, August 7, 2012

CoverGirl LashPerfection: More like "TrashRejection", Amirite?

Nora


My love for CoverGirl's LashBlast mascara has been documented here before, but upon a bored trip to Target one day, I decided to branch out the tiniest bit and try a different CoverGirl mascara. Read: CoverGirl LashPerfection Mascara was a dollar cheaper, and I'm broke, so I thought I would try it. I didn't think anything could go wrong; it has “Perfection” in its name, after all.

You'd think that I'd have learned by now that sometimes spending just the tiniest bit of extra money pays off big time in the end. For example: the $20 Brazilian bikini wax I once tried, dying my hair blond in my friend's basement sink, and buying CoverGirl LashPerfection mascara.



See, there are certain things I look for in a mascara. I have fairly long, thick lashes, so I like it when a formula dries quickly. That way, if I happen to blink after application, it doesn't smear all over the underside of my brow bone and beneath my eye. I also like when mascara can stay on longer than a half hour without flaking all over my face; I try to avoid that dead-eyed, zombie glow for as long as possible in the morning. Thirdly, I like narrower wands with flexible bristles, because I like getting as close to my lash line as possible without painfully stabbing myself in the eye (if you stab yourself in the eye with a softer wand, it doesn't hurt as much. Bonus: your eyes don't water and smear all that fresh, carefully applied mascara!)

Unfortunately for me and my woefully spent $6.50, CoverGirl LashPerfection fails to deliver on every single one of those accounts. Seriously, this is the crappiest mascara I've ever used, and I'm one of those girls that keeps make up around for YEARS despite all those horror stories about bacteria and whatnot. It makes your lashes stick together and look clumpy, and then it falls off. When the formula dries, it's very brittle. The wand is made of tiny iron spikes that will murder your tear ducts, given the chance. If you want real perfection, pay a few extra dollars for something a bit nicer.

Rating: 0/8 Tentacles

No comments:

Post a Comment