Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Nicole by OPI Texture Coat in Opal Texture: Uh, Are You Sure?

Pinky McLadybits





I avoided buying any of The Hunger Games inspired China Glaze colors. I passed over the Spider-Man tie-in polishes from OPI. I decided to use up the Zoya I had before buying any more (plus the summer colors all looked TERRIBLE on me). Kardashian Kolors kan kiss my krack.

However, the Nicole by OPI Opal Texture Coat caught my eye. It would work over the polishes I already own. I thought it would be a fun way to get that shattered look without the heavy annoyance I had with Sally Hansen Fractured Foil.

Well, it is pretty.

I applied my base coat and then two coats of China Glaze in First Mate. I followed each of these with my Revlon Quick Dry Topcoat, because I am impatient. Duh. Then I applied a thin coat of the Opal Texture. I expected it to crack, be iridescent, and be shimmery. It didn't crack and it is more purple than anything. It is shimmery, though!

Seriously, you can't even tell I used a blue base polish and there are no cracks in the Opal Texture. Well, maybe one on my left thumb.


As you can see, I can't stay on only my nails when painting them. Don't judge! You can also see that the Opal Texture is very pretty, very purple, very shimmery, and very not cracked. Basically, it doesn't do what it is supposed to do. Based on that, I should ink this so-called texture coat. However, it goes on smoothly, only one coat gives excellent coverage, and it makes your old polishes look like a new color. I just can't fully discount something that does all of that for $8.50. Let's split the difference, shall we?

Rating: 4/8 tentacles




If you're like me, you need MOAR POLISH! Nails Inc. Magnetic Nail Polish, Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro Polish, Milani Nail Lacquer, and Seche Vite Top Coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment