Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Honey, You Need to Ditch that Apricot Scrub, Part III: Alba Botanica's Sea Algae Enzyme Facial Scrub

Tamatha





I know that it's been a while, ladies and gentlemen, but as you may recall, I am on a quest to get you to stop using that apricot scrub, which is so terrible for your skin!  First, I tried (and loved) Pevonia's Gentle Exfoliating Cleanser, but it was a bit out of my price range, so I continued my search.  Then I tried Alba Botanica's Pineapple Enzyme Facial Scrub, which I also liked and which was more affordable, so I decided to make it my new scrub.  At the time, though, I thought I might need to find something a bit more exfoliating and a little less moisturizing once warmer weather rolled around.  And I was right. 

Do you remember that lovely week of unseasonably warm weather many of us had in mid-March?  I do.  It was glorious.  But there was one draw back, my face decided to break out.  At first, I wondered if Cindy had cursed me, but then I decided that the change in weather was to blame and went in search of a new scrub.  So, it was off to my local natural food store.

It was down to two scrubs, one by Kiss My Face from their Potent and Pure line and Alba Botanica's Sea Algae Enzyme Facial Scrub.  I don't remember what, exactly, was the deciding factor, it may have simply been that I have had such good experiences with Alba in the past, that it felt like the safer bet.  The fact that the exfoliatant in the scrub is ground walnut shells did give me pause, because the whole purpose of this quest is to get away from apricot/nutshell scrubs, but I figured that since they were ground up, I should be fine.

This scrub is all that I was hoping for!  It's more exfoliating than the pineapple scrub that had served me well over the winter, but it's not too rough either, like my old apricot scrub.  I would describe the texture as similar to a baking soda paste.  My skin feels great after using it: nicely exfoliated, but not dried out.  And my chin stopped breaking out.  I have found a great warm-weather facial scrub!

I love this stuff and highly recommend it.  It's only drawback is that I found it a little too heavily scented, but after a little while, I adjusted.  Now when I get a whiff of it, I get excited for how fabulous my face is going to feel!

So, if you've been hesitant to let go of your beloved apricot facial scrub, I think Alba Botanica's Sea Algae Enzyme Facial Scrub is perfect for you.  It's not as gentle or moisturizing as the other scrubs I've reviewed so you'll feel properly exfoliated, but without damaging your skin.  (Psst, Cindy & MelBivDevoe, I'm looking at you.)

8 out of 8 tentacles.  A perfect facial scrub for warmer months, when you need a little more exfoliating and a little less moisturizing.

Oh, and if you're wondering what to do with your old apricot scrub, try this.

Rating: 8/8 tentacles

1 comment:

  1. Heee, I hear you! I am going to check out the local organic stores when I get to NC and when I find this, I'm throwing away my husband's apricot scrub! And perhaps I'll buy two bottles, so I can try it out for myself too. Why should he have all the nice stuff for himself? ;p

    ReplyDelete