Thursday, May 17, 2012

Essence Silky Touch Blush in Adorable: Does This Make My Cheeks Look Cute?

Pinky McLadybits





As you may know, I don't own any blush. Well, I didn't own any blush before purchasing this Essence Silky Touch Blush in Adorable.

My red hair and my complete and utter ignorance about blush and lipstick shades that complement my skin and my hair keep me from buying either of those products on the regular. When I do attempt to purchase a blush or lip color, I stand in the aisle, paralyzed by the very real scenario in which I wander around wearing colors that are All Wrong.

Or looking like one of those celebs that didn't take into account that their makeup artist used to be a professional clown, thus making them look like they used a blush stick and some anger issues to apply their makeup. That would be bad.

Everyone tells me that Nars Orgasm blush works with all skin tones. I am still afraid. Also, $28 is a big mistake to make on blush. I could buy a lot of Rifftrax with $28. I'd never heard of the Essence brand, but it was only a couple of dollars and it was in Ulta, so sold! I tried to choose a shade that was pinkish without being Nicki Minaj-levels of insanity while also being a tidge peachy. Or that's what I like to think I did.

I used the blush on a day when I recreated the Faking Perfect Skin makeup before going out. I couldn't even tell that I had blush on. My makeup looked the same as it did when I tried the trick without blush. No shimmer. No hint of color. Nothing. I swept a layer of powdered air on my cheeks. So that sucked.

Essence Silky Touch Blush in Adorable may work better with skin tones darker than mine, but I don't know. You would think some pop of color would appear on my pasty white face, but it didn't. So I'm still on the search for a blush that will make me look like I have a healthy flush of color or an indefinable glow (HAHAH), but this product is not that blush. But it was inexpensive!

Rating: 1/8 tentacles





I'd like to point you to other blush reviews on our site, like Benefit Dandelion Face Brightening Powder. I'd like to tell you to click on that link or to click on Lorac Red Carpet Reveal Eye and Cheek Palette. I'd like to, but I can't. 

No comments:

Post a Comment