Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Yay! It's....Wednesday. Nevermind.

 Kolby




There, there.  The work week is sort of almost nearly over.  Today's links are sure to help you power through.  Enjoy, lovelies.

Nevada just became the first state to authorize driverless vehicles.  This is good new for Vegas gamblers - it's dangerous to drive when you're broke and sobbing.  (MSNBC Bottomline)

In case you're wondering if you've got enough to worry about as a woman, the answer is no.  Go ahead and add painless heart attacks to that list.  (The Age)

Well, this is excellent news for you soon-to-be new car buyers out there.  Unless driving a lemon is your thing.(AP)

The next time you need to use the potty while riding the rails in India, don't.  Holding it may save your life. (The Independent)

The new season of Mad Men premieres next month, and if you need a quick refresher on who's slept with whom on the show, check out this Illustrated Guide to Mad Men Bed-Hopping.  (Wired)

This collection of superhero mashup art is sure to bring a smile to your geeky face.  I especially love Mickey Mouse as Wolverine.  It's...kind of sexy.  Don't tell anyone I said that.  (Neatorama)

What if Batman lived during Medieval times?  I imagine he'd look something like this.  And he'd have to beat the wenches off with a stick.  (Geeks are Sexy)

I didn't realize it was so difficult to watch Game of Thrones.  Still, so totally worth it.  (The Oatmeal)

I'm not sure who came up with the idea for this map of rap names, but I'd like to thank them.  It's awesome. (The Laughing Squid)

I still haven't seen the second half of the final episode of this season of Downton Abbey, so I won't be reading this recap until I do, but I really cannot wait to do so.  Oh, Downton.  (Persephone Magazine)

Google Sightseeing helps us out by telling us which airports to avoid while traveling.  It's okay, I didn't really want to visit Russia, anyway.  (Google Sightseeing)

And here are Ten Countries with Perfect Climates.  I sure hope none of them have shitty airports. (HowStuffWorks)

The DIY Mystery Bookcase project is not only really cool, it also seems to be quite practical.  Really.  (Instructables)

For those of you seeking to stoke your competitive fires on this fine Wednesday, check out FilmDrunk's 2012 Oscars Best Picture Bracket.  (FilmDrunk)

I'd say this was a waste of perfectly delicious-looking caramel, but it's so damn beautiful that I won't.  Instead I'll just drool.  Mmmmmmm, caramel.


Here's an older clip of a bit of Antarctic glacier collapsing into the sea.  The humans say, "Wooooow!"  The penguins say, "Aw, goddamn, I just finished that sandcastle."


And finally, the best has been saved for last.  Oh, Mr. President, please never stop singing.  Enjoy your Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment