Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Touchdown In My Mouth!: I Just Mean Food And Drinks

Pinky McLadybits


I really enjoy football and I look forward to it every Sunday. As most of you well know, this Sunday is Super Bowl XLVI. The New England Patriots will play the New York Giants in Indianapolis and I will cheer for the Giants. If you need to ask why then Tracer hates you. Just so you know.

I also love Super Bowl parties. Beer, chips, finger foods, desserts, beer, what's not to like? Nothing. Nothing is not to like. There are some foods and drinks that I always like to see at a Super Bowl party and I thought I would share those with you. Feel free to chime in with your favorites in the comments. 


Dos Equis Lager Especial

Oh, yeah. This is my favorite beers. There are lots of beers that I like as long as I'm not eating any food while drinking it. This is because it makes good food taste like twice-digested baby food. Gross. Dos Equis Lager Especial tastes good with everything. Everything.

Mexican food? YES! DELICIOUS! Pizza? OM NOM NOM. Chips? Peanuts? Spaghetti? YES! It just tastes amazing and I love it. I'll have some this Sunday, unless I have the next beer.








Yuengling Lager

I am not exaggerating a bit when I tell you that people that hate lager beer adore Yuengling. I've heard them say it. While in my house. Drinking my stash of Yuengling lager. You may not have this amazing beer in your state, and for that, I pity you. Poor dear. 

The first time I tasted this beer was at a wedding and I drank three. I then spent two months eagerly awaiting its appearance on my store shelves. And then I bought a case. 




Cheesy Bacon Bites

I have been making these delicious bastards for years. They are requested for nearly all of the various family functions I go to. It's extremely simple to make and it takes very little time and few ingredients. Check out the recipe on Godtopus Eats and then thank me later. 







Clam-Stuffed Mushrooms

Here's another recipe I posted to Godtopus Eats. These are a little more involved but well worth the time. They taste like a certain popular food chain's mushroom appetizer and make great finger foods. Or foods to put on those little plates people always have at their Super Bowl parties. You know what I'm talking about.






Buy It Instead

There's nothing wrong with buying your snacks instead of making them from scratch like I tend to do, because of my crazy. Real Simple has a great list of store-bought snacks to choose from.

IVillage has 50 ideas for your food list, but these take prep time as well.

So, what will you be doing this Sunday?

2 comments:

  1. What's not to like? FOOTBALL.

    But I think if I drank enough I could just ignore it and eat delicious snacks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FOOTBALL IS THE BEST, FIGGUERITA LOCITA CARMELITA ANGELINA NACHOS BELL GRANDE RODRIGUEZ!

    ReplyDelete